Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Many Misconceptions

I am an intelligent adult, I am a skeptic, I am quick to learn and understand new concepts, and I am often wrong in how I believe things work. What I hope to do with this blog is expose my thoughts on a wide variety of topics and, through my own research and/or reader input, find the error of my prejudging ways. Everyone discriminates, by which I mean they judge one thing to be superior to another; if we didn’t discriminate we would be paralyzed by indecision. Discrimination becomes a problem if we fail to correctly process the inputs we use to come to our conclusions; therefore misconceptions are the enemy of critical thinking. I want to banish my misconceptions, one by one, to the dustbin of history and hope to enlighten others as I shed light on my own ignorance. So welcome, kick back and watch as I get my ass handed to me by people who are smarter than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment